Sunday, October 21, 2012

Maitland River Capelet


Dreams of the Maitland River Capelet


I am laying on my back floating down the river. It is a perfect night. Warm, very little breeze. The sky is
black, and the stars look crisp in the sky. The golden rod is blowing gently with the tiny breeze. 


I can see bats flying overhead and I hear the frogs as I float by the lily pads. The moon is full and bright.

Very soon I come to the stone bridge that takes me away from the dream place of the Maitland River. The place where the river is healthy and clean. Everyone knows it, and we have all contributed. This is the place where we can lay, floating
on our backs and know that everything is okay. This
Maitland River exists. Can we find it together?


When is the next time that you will be down at the
river at night, drinking in the beauty and stillness, telling the river who you are, and asking for the gift of a dream?

Step on the Stone Bridge and see where the Dreams of  the Maitland River take you.







The Dreams of the Maitland River Capelet is featured in the North Perth Arts and Culture Council Artist of the Month program for October.

Would you like to learn how to knit in a shamanic way?  Visit Introduction to Shamanic Knitting Retreat for more information about an upcoming retreat!

The Maitland River has been a huge inspiration for me over the past 4 years.  Enjoy this video about ceremony and the importance of connecting to your local watershed!  It also holds the very first song that I have ever written and arranged!  Thanks for watching!


Please share your experiences with your local watershed!

The Dreams of the Maitland River Capelet was modelled beautifully  by Caitlin Leishman


No comments:

Post a Comment